I hope you are all making the most out of your time at home! We are excited to announce a new opportunity for all of our partners and their families that may help pass the time: a Virtual Cooking Class! Our Education Director, Jennie, will be hosting a live cooking class that you can participate in from the comfort of your own home. For our first class, we will be making Cowboy Caviar (see image to the right). This recipe is easy, fun, and can be made with a variety of different ingredients you may already have at home. This class is free for all of our school partners and families, so we hope you tune in! See details below, and please share with your families!
Please RSVP here by 5 pm on Thursday, April 9th to secure your spot (limited space available).
***More details to come once the roster is finalized!
Date: Friday, April 10, 2020
Time: 11:00-11:40 am ET
Recommended Ingredients: (These are very flexible depending on what you have in your kitchen and what your taste buds prefer! Feel free to add/remove anything you like!)
- Tomatoes, diced (12-15 for small grape/cherry tomatoes, 5-6 for medium sized)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 15 oz can of corn (or 1 cooked cob of corn)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro (about 1/2 cup finely chopped)
- 3-4 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup mixed oil and vinegar
- 4 medium garlic cloves, pressed or chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips
- Cutting boards/knives
- Garlic press (optional)
- Citrus juicer (optional)
- Measuring cups/ spoons
- Can opener
- 2 large Mixing bowls
After the course, we will send out the recipe, in case you need a reminder on how to make this awesome dish again. If you are unable to make the course, don’t worry – we will be recording it and posting it on our website, so you can see the class in action whenever works for you!
Please reach out with any questions! We hope to “see” you on Friday morning!
The Red Rabbit Team